If you’re looking for fun ways to get your friends, family, or coworkers together in the festive spirit, we’ve got a few ideas up our sleeve?
THROW A THEMED YULETIDE PARTY Deck out your home or office in themed Yule decorations and throw a themed party for your friends, family, or coworkers! If it looks like Christmas and it sounds like Christmas, then surely it must be Christmas?
Here are some festive decoration ideas to get you started:
- Drape holly, mistletoe, fairy lights, and fake snow along the ceilings and walls of your home or office. Avoid tinsel as it’s not very Yule-y,
- Order christmas crackers, candy canes, & Christmas socks online and leave them on the dining table if you plan on hosting a lunch or dinner,
- Brew up some mulled wine and have a cauldron of it in the corner of the room for people to help themselves at your party,
- If it’s safe, light some candles around your home to create a warm, cozy atmosphere.
Now that your home or office is decorated with the appropriate Christmas theme, people will immediately feel the Yuletide cheer when they walk into your party. To keep the joy going, bring everyone together with some Christmas activities.
Here are some ideas:
- Christmas jumper comp – It’s not fair that we can’t wear our Chrissy jumpers in December without breaking out a sweat. So Yuletide is the perfect opportunity for everyone to bring out their tacky Christmas jumpers in an appropriate season. Let everyone come in their best Chrissy jumpers, and you can even host a Christmas jumper competition – complete with votes from the crowd – and reward the person who shows up with the tackiest jumper.
- Christmas-themed charades – For the evening’s activity, divide everyone into teams for a game of Christmas-themed charades! Your friends, family, or coworkers can get into creative mode and enact Christmas characters, films, carols, or stories. Sit down and brainstorm as many Christmas-themed ideas as you can before hand, then write them down and throw them in a hat for people to draw when it’s their turn. If you throw mulled wine into the mix then it’s sure to be a good time,
- Christmas movie trivia – Who doesn’t love a good Christmas classic? Love Actually, Die Hard, Elf… Host a round of Christmas movie trivia to add a bit of competition to your Yuletide party. Make sure you have a prize ready for the winning team or guest!